Papers For Comic Books
We utilize glossy paper (80# text) that folds nicely and exudes rich colors. Customers choose this paper for booklets more than any other.
The matte paper (70# text) feels heavy, more opaque, and you can write on it. Some clients believe the creamier finish of flat booklets emits a higher-end product.
Upgrade your cover to a thin card stock giving your booklets or comic books a longer shelf life and a more lavish feel.
Printing Comic Books
Learn More About Printing Comic Books
One of our favorite products to print is comic books. This particular love stems from our co-founder's background in collecting comics and personal interest in sequential art as a kid. Although Chris doesn't live a life of illustration, he still feels an inner peace when printing works of our customers' imaginations. We understand creators are not only selling artwork but are also representing themselves.
Comic Book Features
- Saddle-stitched binding
- Gloss paper enhances rich colors and contrast
- Upgraded cover optional
- Custom sizes welcome
- We check art before printing
By default, we print comic books on glossy (coated) papers. If you prefer the matte (uncoated) stock, please visit our matte full-sized booklet page to learn more.
Upgraded covers are printed on Gloss Card (80# Cover).
Our experts print 6.75" x 10.25" or 7" x 10.25" comic books in full bleed. We will preserve white margins present in the artwork. Booklets are half-folded sheets stitched together with professional-grade staples. Comic books can also be custom cut at various sizes in .25" intervals of the artist's choice.
We ask customers with strict deadlines to please speak with a Printkeg customer service representative to work closely together to stay on schedule. Please provide a deadline date in the instructions field on the above form as well, if possible. Most projects require five business days.
We Recommend Physical Proofs
To ensure the best quality printing, we recommend new customers order one physical sample for all comic book printing. Since we cannot always guarantee 100% accuracy for orders requesting "no proof," being able to hold your book in your hand will eliminate any uncertainty. Ordering a physical proof will add extra time to your turnaround since turnaround time begins at the time of approval.
Digital Proofs Are Available
A digital proof might be a better option for customers pressed for time, but this will usually add one extra day to the turnaround time. Please let us know in the "Instructions" area above if you would like a PDF proof. Also, please note any hard deadlines, if applicable.
We always check your file for quality, resolution, and bleed to ensure a quality print. Keep in mind; if you do not order a tangible sample before committing to a full run, we cannot guarantee your project.
Sending Comic Book Art To Us
Please upload comic book art on this page unless you are sending multiple or large files. We prefer one multi-paged PDF file, but it is not a requirement. Email your comic book to email@example.com or utilize a third-party storage app such as Dropbox.
How to Set Up Your Art
The following instructions may help you set up your document file for the reliable printing of your custom comic books. If the guidelines seem written in Shyriiwook language to you, don't allow that to intimidate you from ordering today. Our experienced artists closely inspect all booklets to protect the quality of the final products.
- Bleed Area - Please turn art in as a multi-page document with a .25” bleed area. The key to well printed comic books is providing ample bleed or trim area. If you choose the size 7" x 10.25", your pages should be 7.25" x 10.5", giving us the trim room we need to provide edge-to-edge comic books. Remember to keep the critical text and imagery a quarter-inch away from the edges.
- Page Format Option #1 (Numerical) - We prefer comic books to be turned in as multi-page files with a .25” bleed area.
- Page Format Option #2 (Spread) - Some clients submit multi-page documents in spread format. This format is an acceptable method that is sometimes preferable depending on the artwork; however, it is not necessary or required.
- Page Format Option #3 (Individual Files) - Some customers find it easier to submit pages individually and numbered. Please name the cover page 1.jpg or 1.pdf.
- Quality Settings - Most people do pretty well with quality since programs like Adobe In-Design default to 300dpi. If you are operating any other software, make sure you work in a 300dpi environment or higher. Also, double-check that you preserve that quality level while exporting or saving.
Comic Book Reviews
"The prints looked fantastic. I'll be hopefully doing many more with you in the future. Also going to recommend you to a bunch of people. The Kickstarter comic book community needs to know what amazing work you do." - Charlie
"I love Printkeg! I will continue to order all of my prints from them." - Mia
"Print quality and speed are phenomenal. Look forward to using you guys for all my print needs in the future." -Lauren
Shipping Comic Books Safely
Comic books are shrink-wrapped in organized stacks of varying sizes depending on the order quantity and box size. Our shipping department will add bubble wrap for extra protection. There are no invoices inserted inside shipments.
Guaranteed HappinessWe want you to be happy with your Comic Books, so we created the Printkeg Promise. This is our guarantee and commitment to serving artists across the nation. It doesn't help anyone if you purchase retail art you can't actually sell. We are here to ensure your success.
Dedicated to ArtistsIn our "About Us" area, you can view incredible photographs of the most recent Booklet Printing projects we've worked on. We geared our entire atmosphere, including the workforce and production facility, to serve retail artists first and foremost.
Fast Production TimesWe contribute some of the fastest turnaround times for Comic Books in the Booklet Printing industry. You'll be impressed with how we handle Booklet Printing which includes fast production times, rush turnaround options, and expedited shipping.