More About Our Postcard Printing
The famous postcard is the king of traditional print marketing. Our cheap postcards are advantageous with several convenient sizes as direct-mail cards, club flyers, handouts, and retail art prints. Three durable card stocks ensure art always appears smooth and detailed. Paper stocks include the mighty 110# gloss card that shines, the sophisticated 100# matte card, which is natural to write on, and the brilliant 100# textured flat card engineered for artists. Since all three stocks are premium grade, they will proudly represent you, your artwork, or your business.
Fast Turnaround Times
Turnaround for postcards varies based on quantity and size, typically ranging from two to three days. Few other online postcard print companies offer to ship this fast at such cheap prices. Rush services are available for a faster turnaround. Please feel free to leave us a note if specific deadlines or circumstances are required.
Incredible Card Choices For Art
You will love the incredible card choices available for most sizes of postcards. The substantially heavy gloss exudes energetic colors, a matte that radiates elegance, and a textured matte capturing artistic authenticity. These three distinct and unique media choices boost Printkeg as the number one place to buy postcards online.
- Gloss Card (110# Cover) is a wonderfully convenient stock purposely inexpensive and versatile. Clients can implement the media for handouts, mailing, or as artwork requiring vibrant colors.
- Matte Card (100# Cover) is often utilized for a more elegant and flat print and is more natural to write on. Less shine also offers this as an option more ideal for framing. Many artists have preferred the matte over gloss for its more traditional smooth and classic feel.
- Textured Card (100# Cover) is available for artists who wish to capture a more authentic and rigid feel that dramatically enhances the artistic value of digital artwork and paintings.
Durable Card Options for Marketing
More durable options are also available for large quantities (2500 and over) and smaller cards (3x3, Business Cards) - 16pt UV Coated Gloss and 16pt Dull Uncoated. A super 18pt card option is available for 3x3 cards and 4x9 rack cards.
Print & Design Services
Custom graphic design services also accompany our cheap postcard printing. Our staff designers can create beautiful, professional, and unique cards for absolutely any occasion. Design services start as low as only $39 (single-sided, any size). Our designers can typically finish most projects within one or two days.
Postcards are Full Bleed and Full Color
Single and double-sided postcards print "full bleed" and full color. Art files should include a .25" bleed area for the most accurate results, but we can fix most artwork ourselves. If you are unsure what "bleed" and "trim" is, feel free to send your file as-is. Each postcard page includes a downloadable template for easy visualization of trimming areas. Learn more by visiting our general support page. If you are planning a mailer, please remember to review USPS's guidelines.
"I'm an artist and illustrator, so color, clarity, and quality are crucial to me. These postcards are perfect. Every detail. The card stock, the printing, the color. I am speechless. Thank you for providing this high-quality service at such amazing prices. AND on top of that, making the customer service experience one I'll remember because of how easily you helped me out." - Julie
Short Runs and Large Orders Welcome
Although our primary focus is on digitally printed small orders, we also offer much larger quantities of offset printing at even lower prices per unit. If you require a customized quote, please contact us.
Let's Talk About Art Specs
We try not to overwhelm customers with specifications - especially for postcards. If you are new to printing, the below information might help you submit your art to us properly.
- Resolution - The lowest resolution we like to print is 300dpi, the standard quality setting for printing crisp graphics. That bright screen of yours lies and makes you think everything is okay. Thankfully, postcards are small, and most art files work fine. We will contact you if there are any concerns. We adore printing postcards and art cards at 600dpi.
- Color Mode - We print all postcards in CMYK color mode. If you have no idea what this means, don't panic. Our staff converts everything by default.
- Bleed Area - This extra area allows us to provide edge-to-edge cards. Technically, we require your image to be a quarter-inch wider than your final print. For example, a file for a 4 x 6" should be 4.25 x 6.25" in size. In most cases, our peeps will add a bleed area when for you if possible.
If you are worried about how the final cards may look, you've got options! Five buckaroos pay for a digital PDF proof that illustrates any significant color variations and potential bleed issues. If you would like our staff to solve problems and move straight to production, you can select the "Just Make My Graphic Work" option for a well-spent nine dollars. We want everything to look fabulous with as little to no energy from you.
How can I make my custom postcards?
At Printkeg, you upload your design while ordering. Once you've created a postcard using software like Photoshop, Illustrator, or Microsoft Office, you can export the final design as a PDF or JPG. Just remember to make your design canvas at 300dpi.
How can I use postcards?
Customers use postcards as handouts, marketing materials, or art cards. They are inexpensive, archival, and engineered for high-end graphics. The sky is the limit while you determine how you can best incorporate our cheap postcard printing.
What postcard sizes are standard?
Most of the rectangle and square postcard sizes we offer are standard sizes. The popular dimensions seem to include 3" x 5" or 4" x 6" or 5" x 7" cards. 4.75" x 4.75" is the standard size for CD inserts. If we notice your design fits a different size better than your order, we will contact you.
How much do postcards cost?
Printing twenty-five postcards start as low as $15.99! Our online print company offers a flexible lineup of premium postcards with archival quality, recyclable properties, and UV coating. Select any size on our website for all the pricing details and paper qualities. If you do not see the project specifications you need, contact our customer support team.
"The postcards that came today look amazing! Your team helped me when needed, and answered quickly and efficiently. Can't wait to print more from with guys."
The Technology of Printing Postcards
We incorporate digital press technologies capable of intense graphics.
The graphics art digital presses we employ are intended for art cards and overkill for postcards. The robust technology digital printing offers allows us to print cards in small quantities while still capturing those fine details. Some products, such as 3" x 3" square cards and business cards, are produced using offset methods.
Postcard Printing Deals You Will Love!
The archival stocks we offer for postcards are merely astounding. You can choose gloss, matte, or textured. We carefully selected papers engineered for artwork, unlike many other online print companies selling the cheapest media they can find.
4" X 6"
50 Art Cards
5" X 7"
100 Small Cards
3" X 5"
How To Order Custom Postcards
A Breakdown of The Order Process Behind Postcard Printing
- Locate the size of postcards you are interested in printing art. Add as many items to your cart as you like - similar to how other shopping sites function. During this phase, you upload your files, review shipping selections, and complete payment.
- Once your new order is complete, we begin reviewing the artwork. One of our internal graphics experts examines your art file and hands it off to our production team if all specifications appear correct. If that designer recognizes any challenges she cannot quickly fix, she will correspond via email. Our chief objective is to protect quality.
- As your postcard order transfers to the production department, we will send updates by email. The first notification provides your estimated print and ship date. Follow-up emails will continue as we perform printing, packing, and shipping. You always know the status of your order.
- Finally, you receive your custom postcard delivery within a few business days. We believe you will continue choosing us for future printing needs.
Why Choose Us For Printing Postcards?
The Printkeg Promise
You can find postcard printing with almost any online commercial print company. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on the needs of everyday artists looking for a little more assistance. We help make art adjustments and exclusively offer archival postcard media. Our company-wide promise guarantees an excellent printing experience.
Three Distinct Card Picks
We selected three premium card types for artists: Gloss, Matte, and Textured. All three are archival and impact art in their unique ways. The gloss hosts richer colors, the matte is smooth and refined, and the textured is rigid and felt-like. We also offer UV Coating for bulk orders.
Printing Postcards is Fast
For most postcard products, we print within two days. There are varying turnaround times that are dependant on size and quantity. Additionally, we offer rush options and numerous expedited shipping methods. We also work with deadlines if you provide that information in the instructions area of your order.
Tips For Designing a Marketing Postcard
1. Get Personal
A well-designed postcard includes personalization. One way to accomplish a personal experience is by implementing variable data to add the first name to your card. The best way to personalize postcards is by segmentation. Sending the right message to the right person is one way to make any postcard campaign more innovative and effective.
2. Keep the Design Simple
Postcards are generally low on content real estate. It is crucial to use that precious space wisely. Be purposeful with your message and adhere to a simple design that is straightforward and clear. You want your postcards to be attractive but not burdened with information that confuses your customer and distracts from your call to action.
3. A Bold Message
Be bold and loud with your main headline. Your first objective is to capture your audience's attention so those individuals will read more about what your company has to offer. Your message should solve a problem or make an incredible statement. The headline should be a reflection of your core message and call to action.
4. Awesome Graphics
Be sure to use captivating artwork on the front of your postcard. The graphic you implement should promote your message and not distract from it. Are you promoting real estate? Use imagery that features homes. Are you promoting a car dealership? Use graphics that emphasize new cars.
5. Make An Offer They Can't Refuse
When you promote an offer, focus on the benefits to the person receiving the postcard. Create urgency with your message. Bullet points can be a powerful way to present features quickly. Be aggressive to help ensure your postcard campaign is effective.
6. Don't Forget the Call-to-Action.
If you forget to include a clear call to action, it is less likely people will make it to the next step of your marketing funnel. Leave room for action statements such as "Call today for a quote" or "Call now for 10% off" so your customers know what you want them to do.
The Most Common Postcard Printing Mistakes We See.
Our internal graphic designers are on standby to guarantee your art cards look fantastic! Typical issues that hinder us from printing your postcards will often include one of these three items. Don't panic. Our team is here to guide you through any disparities that may arise.
- Low-Quality Files - The most common problem we see for postcard printing is low resolution. Most customers can resolve resolution issues efficiently by exporting digital files using higher quality settings from their graphics software, camera, or scanner. Before printing, we will ask you for new files if we detect low resolution or poor quality.
- Content Too Close to Edges - We ask you to keep items a quarter-inch away from the print edges for almost all postcards. Essential items may include titles, text areas, logos, peoples' heads, or other components that you prefer us not to clip.
- The Wrong Size - Many people struggle with size. And that's okay. If your postcard file does not match the print size you select, we will make alternative suggestions. The most problematic situation is when a customer orders a rectangle card but sends a square image.
Inches to Pixels Chart for Postcard Files
If you design art files in pixels rather than inches, this list displays the preferred range of pixels you should be working with. If your pixel counts are larger, that is fine! Please be advised that the bleed/trim area is not included in these measurements. This is a guide to help ensure you are working with high enough quality for your postcard designs.
2 x 7" = 600 x 2400px
3 x 3" = 900 x 900px
3 x 4" = 900 x 1200px
3 x 5" = 900 x 1500px
Midsize Art Cards
4 x 6" = 1200 x 1800px
4 x 9" = 1200px x 2700px
4.25 x 5.5" = 1275 x 1650px
5 x 7" = 1500 x 2400px
5.5 x 8.5" = 1650 x 2550px
6 x 11" = 1800 x 3300px
6 x 12" = 1800 x 3600px
6 x 9" = 1800 x 2700px
What is the best size for my postcard design?
That is a trick question. We need to first focus on the motivation and intent of your art. Are you selling art or marketing a business? Although we see all of our postcard sizes printed every day, the below ratios are probably the most popular card choice for marketing and retail art.
4" x 6" Postcards
4" x 6" postcard printing are versatile and popular options for printing postcards. This dimension is convenient to frame, works well for retail artwork, and can be mailed for advertising. You can convert 11x17 poster art into 8x12 or 4x6 cards very quickly.
5" x 7" Cards / Prints
5" x 7" Cards / Prints will definitely stand out against the smaller, standard postcards. More importantly, this is a classic print ratio for retail art, greeting cards, invites, and so much more.
5.5" x 8.5" Postcards / Flyers
5.5" x 8.5" Postcards / Flyers are also versatile in usefulness as well as economically. Think of this size for postcards as sales announcements, handouts, slip-ins, small menus, medium flyers, and even framable artwork. 11x17 poster scale down nicely into 5.5x8.5 retail cards.
6" x 9" Extended Postcards
6" x 9" Extended Postcards were actually intended as oversized formatted postcards for mailings. The ratio evolved into a notable popular retail format preferred by some artists since they scale down 11x17 artwork to fit 8x12 and 6x9 quite easily.