Printkeg's calendars are essentially 28-page 8.5x11 full-size booklets that are folded and stapled (top bound). When considering our fast turnaround, professional quality control, and premium printing, Printkeg offers the lowest prices for small runs of calendars anywhere. Families, businesses, and artists love them.
Coated papers (or gloss) are naturally less expensive than uncoated papers (matte) since they are more popular industry-wide. Choosing between gloss and matte is more about preference and branding.
We advise that you also order a physical or video proof.
Details About Calendars
We print everything as "full-bleed" or border-less. Learn more about bleed by visiting our Support Center. Please allow enough time for proofing and set up. If you have a tight deadline, please feel free to contact us concerning your project.
Turnaround Time for Calendars
Turnaround for calendars depends on setup time, proof times, and approval times. If you have a strict deadline, please speak with a Printkeg representative. This step will allow us to work closely with you to stay on schedule. Also, provide a deadline date in the messages field above, if possible. Most projects require five business days.
To Proof or Not To Proof
For maximum quality, we always recommend a video proof ($15) or a physical proof ($25 or $50) for calendars, or we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy for orders requesting "proof not required" or "PDF proof." Please consider extra non-turnaround time for set up, the printing of proofs, finishing time, and shipping times.
We understand some customers may be crunched for time, so a digital "PDF proof" or "proof not required" might be a necessary option. However, we think the "video proof" is a nice middle ground. Please be sure to select a proof option before committing to the order.
Physical proofs are produced and mailed by UPS or USPS as soon as art is print-ready. If you do not choose a proof, the file will be evaluated by our staff designers then forwarded to production.
Sending Art Files To Us
Please upload calendar art on this page unless you are sending multiple files or files that are extremely large. Multiple files or large files should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered via third-party storage apps such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
If you only have photos and images, we can provide the actual calendar pages. Choose "Create My Calendar For Me (+$29)" if you would like help setting up the artwork and cover page. Send us 12 photos (one for each month) and a cover image. A back image is optional and included. A designer will work with you on creating a nice cover.
Art Specifications For Printing Calendars.
The following guidance may improve your setup strategy for your calendar file for the reliable printing of your custom comic books. If Aqualish language makes more sense, don't allow that to scare you from printing today. Our skilled professionals inspect all files before printing.
- Trim Area and Page Size - Please turn your files in as a multi-page 28-page document with a .25" bleed area. The key to well-printed calendars is providing enough bleed or trim area. Each page in your booklet should be sized 11.25" x 8.75" rather than 11" x 8.5", giving us the trim room we need to provide edge-to-edge calendars. Remember to keep the critical text and imagery a quarter-inch away from the edges.
- Calendar Format Option #1 (Numerical) - Please try to turn in calendars as multi-page files with a .25" bleed area.
- Calendar Format Option #2 (Spread) - Some clients submit multi-page documents in spread format. This solution usually requires a little more design knowledge than option #1.
- Calendar Format Option #3 (Individual Files) - Some clients find it easier to submit pages individually and numbered. You can also send us images for each month to plug in our calendar template. We can help you with this process for $49.
- Quality Settings - Most clients handle quality pretty well, thanks to programs like Adobe In-Design. If you are operating any other software, make sure you work in a 300dpi environment. Also, double-check that you preserve that quality level while exporting or saving for the final file.
More Calendar Options
Additional sizes are available including 9x12 and 12x12. These sizes require a 500-quantity minimum. Bulk pricing is available for orders over 1000 calendars. Please contact us for custom quotes.
Shipping Calendars Securely
Calendars are shrink-wrapped in stacks of varying sizes depending on the order quantity and box size. We also surround stacks with thick bubble wrap for superior support and protection. We do not include invoices inside packages.
Remember, calendars consist of 28 pages. The below list provides the most common elements usually located on each page. We can provide the calendar pages, but we need a cover (page 1), photos for each month, misc graphics (pages 26 and 27), and a back cover (page 28) from you.
- Page 1 - Cover
- Page 2 - January Image/Photo
- Page 3 - January Calendar
- Page 4 - February Image/Photo
- Page 5 - February Calendar
- Page 6 - March Image/Photo
- Page 7 - March Calendar
- Page 8 - April Image/Photo
- Page 9 - April Calendar
- Page 10 - May Image/Photo
- Page 11 - May Calendar
- Page 12 - June Image/Photo
- Page 13 - June Calendar
- Page 14 - July Image/Photo
- Page 15 - July Calendar
- Page 16 - August Image/Photo
- Page 17 - August Calendar
- Page 18 - September Image/Photo
- Page 19 - September Calendar
- Page 20 - October Image/Photo
- Page 21 - October Calendar
- Page 22 - November Image/Photo
- Page 23 - November Calendar
- Page 24 - December Image/Photo
- Page 25 - December Calendar
- Page 26 - Misc
- Page 27 - Misc
- Page 28 - Back Cover
We utilize glossy paper (80# text) that folds nicely and exudes rich colors. Customers choose this paper for booklets more than any other.
The matte paper (70# text) feels heavy, more opaque, and you can write on it. Some clients believe the creamier finish of flat booklets emits a higher-end product.
Upgrade your cover to a thin card stock giving your booklets or comic books a longer shelf life and a more lavish feel.
Digital or Video Proofs
We prefer video proofs since they offer accurate represenatations of your booklets for only $15. With digital proofs, a Printkeg artist will prepare your artwork for printing and send you a visual in PDF format via email.
Make Graphic Work
For $29 to $59, a Printkeg artist can tackle any problems that keep us from printing your booklet. Common fixes include adjusting page dimensions, tackling border issues, and reworking challenging "bleed" areas.
Free Art Inspections
A human artist reviews all booklet files before printing begins. If we notice any problems, a Printkeg representative will email you with options for moving forward.
Our primary goal is to make sure you are happy with your prints, The Printkeg Promise. This is our guarantee and commitment to serving artists across the nation. It doesn't help anyone if you purchase retail art you can't actually sell. We are here to ensure your success.
Dedicated to Artists
In our "About Us" area, you can view incredible photographs of the most recent Fine Arts Printing projects we've worked on. We geared our entire atmosphere, including the workforce and production facility, to serve retail artists first and foremost.
Fast Production Times
We contribute some of the fastest turnaround times for Art Prints in the Fine Arts Printing industry. You'll be impressed with our fast production times, rush turnaround options, and available expedited shipping methods.