12x18 Small Posters
12x18 Small Posters
Back in 2008, when Printkeg first opened, we only offered three small poster print sizes, including 12x18. Many photographers prefer our full-color printing on this size for group photos, sports photos, and calendars. Artists also sometimes prefer 12x18 over 11x17 since the slight increase in size translates to positive consumer responses. Three convenient paper selections, rich colors, and unbelievable prices secure Printkeg as the best place to buy small custom 12x18 posters.
Features of Printing 12x18 Small Posters
- Four convenient paper and card choices
- Metallic and pearl media for limited editions
- Cheap discount prices for small runs
- High-quality prints intended for art, photography, and marketing
- We inspect artwork before printing
- Upload up to five different art files per quantity
- Also, print 12" x 12" and 12" x 16" prints from this page.
Five 12x18 Paper Stocks For Your Convenience
- Gloss Paper (80# Text) - This quality paper is optional for situations that require a lower cost. This is the only 12x18 paper type that is not archival.
- Gloss Card (110# Cover) – Our satin-gloss card stock provides a light sheen and brighter colors.
- Matte Card (100# Cover) – A premium choice and artist favorite, the matte card is an elegant and uncoated alternative to gloss.
- Textured Matte (100# Cover) – This distinctive material is the heart of our fine arts section and gives artists a textured choice.
- Metallic Card (80# Cover) - Add a single 12x18 poster of your design in metallic gold or rose.
Speedy Turnaround Times
25 to 100 posters - 1 business day
100+ - 2 business days
The first turnaround day begins the next business day after you complete your order online.
Print Multiple Files For Less
For a small fee, customers can print multiple 12x18 files while still taking advantage of bulk discounts. Make sure to tell us how many different designs you are printing in the "How Many Designs?" field of the above order form. The maximum amount of multiple art files you can submit is 5 per quantity. Our upload feature is limited, so you may need to utilize an email or a service like Dropbox to send us your artwork. Learn more about our multiple file policy today.
Sending 12x18 Art to Us is Easy.
Artwork can be uploaded in the above form or sent to us later. Upon experiencing technical difficulties uploading the art (anything over 50MB), please email the file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number as the subject. We accept links from any third-party file storage company (i.e., Box, WeTransfer, or Dropbox) to send us large files.
Digital-PDF Proofs Might Be Useful
Digital proofs for 12x18 prints are available for $5. We understand a PDF digital proof might help proofread and visualize the bleed area. Our graphics artists evaluate all artwork for quality purposes. Our staff designers will contact you if they discover unresolvable issues.
Digital proofs add one day to turnaround time.
Custom Cuts Are Welcome
If you would like a 12x16 or 12x12 (or any other custom size) poster, please leave us a note in the "Instructions" area. We provide custom cuts at no extra cost.
Read These Art Guidelines For Printing Highend 12x18 and 12x16 Posters.
If the recommendations below sound like the Muppet's Beaker, don't let them discourage you from buying. Our professionals will work closely with you if there are any quality concerns regarding your file. Since we focus on retail printing for artists, we encourage you to submit the best file possible.
- Be sure to add an extra quarter-inch to your file size with the dimensions 12.25" x 16.25" or 12.25" x 18.25". We need this additional "bleed area" space to provide edge-to-edge prints. Concentrate on preserving critical text and imagery by keeping those items at least 0.25 inches away from all four edges. If you work in pixels, try to get as close to 3675 x 4875 (12x16) or 3675 x 5475 (12x18) as possible.
- When starting a new digital design, exporting a file from your camera, scanning artwork, or photographing a painting, make sure your file will be 300 dpi. 300 dpi is the lowest setting considered high-quality printing in the print industry. If you're not careful, many apps and hardware might export your art as a low-grade 72dpi or mid-quality 132dpi.
- We like PDF or JPG file formats. Our graphic specialists accept other common file types, such as PNG, EPS, and TIF.
- Try designing or reviewing your digital art in CMYK color mode. We convert most 12x18 art to CMYK before printing begins. If this is your first printing with our group, please consider ordering a PDF proof.
Templates For Visualizing Your Art
The below PDF template might prove useful in visualizing bleed and trim areas. You will need graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator to use these files as intended.
Reviewers of 12x18 Printing are Happy
😄 "I'll be coming back again for promo pics and gig posters right away - a great Co.!" - Keith
😀 "The print quality is excellent. The delivery was late due to a UPS problem, and the posters were damaged by the shipper. When I notified your customer service Jessica was very responsive and I have just received a notification that replacements have shipped. I really appreciated her prompt help and caring attitude. I will use your service again." - Judith
😀 "My experience was much better than expected. I especially appreciated having my posters shrink-wrapped and carefully packaged and was blown away by your turnaround time. As an independent designer, I work with A LOT of print companies. Most often, the choice is between budget pricing and customer service. It's pretty rare to find a company that excels in both areas. PrintKeg manages to do this while maintaining excellent turnaround times. Looking forward to working with you in the future." - Carter
Shipping Your Posters Safely
12x18 prints (12x16 or 12x12) are shipped flat, shrink-wrapped between chipboards, then cushioned with bubble wrap inside a secure heavy-duty mailing box. During checkout, you can select from various UPS and USPS shipping methods.
Other 12x18 Printing Ideas
12x18 Wrapped Canvas
Photographers, digital artists, and painters commonly pick the 12x18 wrapped canvas prints for selling and drop shipping artwork. The price, quality, and versatility are unrivaled regarding overall value.
Print 12x18 Art Boards
12x18 prints on a gator board or foam core have many uses at galleries, conventions, meetings, the office, or the home. We can print your 12x18 images on both sides of the boards. Some companies refer to this product as a mounted poster.
What other sizes can I print my 12x18 posters in?
If you are looking for alternate sizes to offer your 12" x 18" artwork, you've got many great options!
- 3.5" x 5.5" card (90% compatible)
- 4" x 6" postcard (100% fit)
- 5" x 7" flat card (85%, fairly manageable)
- 5.5" x 8.5" flyer (90% compatible)
- 6" x 9" print (100% compatible)
- 8" x 12" print (100% compatible)
- 11" x 17" poster (95% compatible, generally easy)
- 16" x 24" poster (100%, watch that resolution)
- 20" x 30" large print (100%, but watch that resolution)
- 24" x 36" large poster (100%, generally works great)
As you can see, 8.5" x 11" and 8" x 10" prints are missing. Generally, those classic sizes fit 12" x 16" or 11" x 14" better. Most artists send in different files for these dimensions. Sometimes, our staff can make it work or recommend a different size, such as 8" x 12" prints.
Printing your art on gloss art cardstock grants gorgeous colors and a satin shine perfect for almost any project. This paper is perfect for printing digital fan art.
Many artists prefer our opaque, uncoated, and warm matte art paper. Colors are intentionally a little more subdued for an elegant feel.
Textured paper promotes a watercolor-like paper texture to capture the authenticity of physical art. Each print carries imperfections for a unique customer experience
Gold or Silver
Metallic cardstocks are the rage. Choose Metallic Gold or Pearl Silver. These media selections are easy ways to offer limited-edition prints of your fan art.
The gold is in your face, and the pearl silver is subtle since the paper is ivory pearlescent. The end results are stunning yet intentionally unpredictable.
We added metallic variants to allow fan artists to add limited edition prints to their arsenal in the same way comic book companies offer alternative covers.
A Printkeg artist will prepare your artwork for printing and send you a visual in PDF format via email. This usually takes place within a few business hours. The image we will email you showcases trim location and CMYK colors in a limited fashion.
Make Graphic Work
This $9 option informs our staff to move forward with quick fixes and tackle any possible obstacles. Benefits may include reviewing file dimensions, tackling border issues, and reworking challenging "bleed" areas. There is one goal in mind: to ensure perfect Art Prints.
Edit My Design
This option is inexpensive for hiring us to modify your image file. Our designers edit or place elements into your file, like text, images, etc. The most common use of this service is changing event dates, removing signatures, and swapping photos.
Create My Art
We hire a trusted graphic designer with whom we've worked closely to help you create a new design from scratch. Most communication is via email. Most designs are finished in only a few business days.
Rush Turnaround speeds up your order time by one day. That could mean same-day printing. You need your prints urgently, so we will try to make it happen. We sometimes expedite the shipping if we cannot honor same-day printing.
Free Art Inspections
A human artist reviews every single file before printing starts. If we notice any problems, a Printkeg representative will contact you via email with options how to move forward.
Our primary goal is to make sure you are happy with your prints, The Printkeg Promise. This is our guarantee and commitment to serving artists across the nation. It doesn't help anyone if you purchase retail art you can't actually sell. We are here to ensure your success.
Dedicated to Artists
In our "About Us" area, you can view incredible photographs of the most recent Fine Arts Printing projects we've worked on. We geared our entire atmosphere, including the workforce and production facility, to serve retail artists first and foremost.
Fast Production Times
We contribute some of the fastest turnaround times for Art Prints in the Fine Arts Printing industry. You'll be impressed with our fast production times, rush turnaround options, and available expedited shipping methods.