Rack Card Printing
Rack Card Printing
Rack cards can be handy and versatile for marketing. Clients consistently rely on 4 x 9 cards as take-out menus, mailings, handouts, informational brochures, and much more. You see these cards everywhere - including hotels, travel destinations, chambers of commerce, and restaurants. There are just so many neat ways to implement these massive, yet easy-to-hold, cards for any print marketing strategy.
Advantages for Rack Cards
Rack cards have some nice advantages over brochures.
- Rack Cards are printed on heavy card stocks. Brochures are usually a little thinner.
- Card stocks include three amazing media - gloss, matte, and textured.
- Since there is generally less space on a 4x9 rack card than a tri-fold brochure, these rectangle cards may be easier and less time-consuming to design.
- Custom printed rack cards are versatile print pieces. They can be mailed, framed, handed out, and placed on countertops thanks to their durability.
Rack cards are available in five different paper types.
- Gloss Card (110# Cover) – This hot stock provides a light sheen and radiant colors.
- Matte Card (100# Cover) – Our premium matte alternative is elegant and easy to write on.
- Textured Matte (100# Cover) – This distinctive material gives designers and marketers an artistic choice.
- 16PT Gloss Card (UV Coated) - The UV coating provides an extra layer of durability and shine (for quantities 2500 and up).
- 16PT Matte/Dull Card - This card is a little more durable than the previous matte option intended for marketing, not retail artwork (for quantities 2500 and up).
- 18pt C1S Card - A more durable option available for super 4x9 rack cards that also allow for UV Coating on the front side.
Understanding Card Weights
The weight of the 100#/110# card selections is comparable to 14pt and 16pt and includes gloss, matte, and textured. The principal benefit of these stocks is the archival ratings and enhanced paper quality. Thickness isn't everything. Many other rack card printing companies compare thickness with quality, which is highly misleading. We offer these opaque card options for artists looking to capture the fine details in artwork that most paper cannot facilitate.
The 16pt and 18pt thicknesses are optimal for marketing and mailing purposes. There is no denying these cards feel good in your hands. Although not necessarily intended for retail art, we provide 16/18pt card options for marketing materials such as business cards, rack cards, magnets, and postcards.
Art Specifications for Rack Cards
We do not want to frighten newcomers to printing with too much technical chatter. Please quickly review three basic art principles of commercial printing rack cards.
- Resolution - Like most commercial printers, we prefer 300dpi. When creating your new design layout, try to stick to that resolution. 600dpi is even better. This quality setting can be regulated in software such as Photoshop and Procreate.
- Color - We produce all rack cards in CMYK color mode. Don't worry if you have no idea what this jargon means. Our design staff converts your artwork to CMYK by default.
- Bleed Area - This extra trim area allows us to deliver edge-to-edge printing on rack cards. Your image should be a quarter-inch wider than your final print. A file for a 4 x 9" rack card should be 4.25 x 9.25" in size.
If you're anxious about how rack cards will turn out, there are options! Five dollars will pay for a PDF proof that demonstrates any noticeable color deviations and possible bleed problems. You can also hire our staff to solve issues and move straight to production by selecting "Just Make My Graphic Work" for only nine dollars.
Rack Cards FAQ
What are rack cards used for?
Rack cards are often utilized for advertising in high traffic areas. These conditions can include trade shows, hotels and motels, reception areas, takeout menus, swap meets, chambers of commerce, and so much more! We have also seen this size embraced for gift certificates.
What size is a rack card?
The rack cards we make are usually 4 x 9" or 3.5 x 8.5" but custom dimensions are certainly welcome. We've seen 3.5 x 9" and even 4.25 x 8.5". Please contact us if you would like a quote.
How can I print rack cards with UV coating?
UV coating is nice to help rackcards withstand a level of wear and tear and resisting natural fading. In order to buy custom rack cards with UV coating with us, your order quantity must be 2500 or more.
Will you check my art before printing our rack cards?
For sure! Our print specialists and designers review all art files before printing occurs. If your Printkeg artist spots errors or concerns, we will contact you by email or phone to work it out.
"Despite all of the COVID-19 craziness, my rack card order arrived right on time, and the whole process went smoothly. I especially appreciate the emails updating me on my order status and shipping. The fact that the tracking number was right in the email, and I didn't have to go searching through my receipts for it was very convenient! :) Bottom line, I LOVE how budget-friendly and quick the services at Printkeg are, and I will likely be coming back here in the future!"
How We Print Rack Cards
We combine two powerful press technologies capable of vivid graphics.
Printkeg employs specialty digital presses intended for immense graphics to make rack cards and other print products. This robust technology allows us to print rack cards in small quantities at ultra-fast turnaround times. We produce larger quantities 2500 and up using 4-color offset methods.
Take Advantage of These Great Rack Card Prices.
High-quality rack cards are possible in five paper stock options. Whether you're planning an upcoming event or advertising the grand opening of a new small business, rack cards are a transcendent approach to include plenty of details in a concise, practical format.
25 Rack Cards
3.5" X 8.5"
100 Rack Cards
4" X 9"
500 Door Hangers
4.25" x 11"
The Process of Ordering Rack Cards From Us
- Rack cards are generally 4" x 9" or 3.5" x 8.5" in size. Once you pick a quantity, add them to your cart, similar to most other shopping sites. During this step, you can upload your file, pick a shipping method, and make payment.
- After you finish checking out, we receive your new order. One of our onsite artists reviews your rack card files and prepares them for professional printing. If that designated expert discovers any issues she cannot quickly resolve, she will contact you by email. The quality of your final prints is our main priority.
- As the order moves into production, you receive status updates. The first notification provides the estimated ship date, and follow-up emails continue once we complete printing and shipping. We believe communication is vital to the experience.
- UPS or USPS delivers your rack cards. At this time, we hope your happiness levels are in the clouds.
The Printkeg Promise
You can obtain rack card printing with virtually any online print company. We distinguish ourselves by focusing on the needs of everyday designers and small business owners. First, we help make art adjustments to meet specifications, and we offer three distinct media options. Recently, we added new dimensions (like 4" x 12") plus a superb 18pt card option. Our commitment guarantees your outstanding printing experience.
A Variety of Card Options
Initially, we selected three premium cards for art store owners and entrepreneurs: The Gloss, Matte, and Textured media. All three selections are available for small and large orders. They are also archival and impact graphics in unique ways. The gloss hosts richer colors, the matte is smooth and refined, and the textured is rigid and felt-like. We also added the thicker 18pt C1S card stock that can be UV Coated. For bulkier orders, we offer 16pt Gloss UV Coated and 16pt matte/uncoated.
Receive Your Rack Cards Fast
For most rack card products, we print within three days. There are varying turnaround times that are dependant on size, card type, and quantity. Additionally, we offer rush options and numerous expedited UPS and USPS shipping methods. We will work with upcoming deadlines if you provide the data in the instructions area of your order.
Tips For Designing Your New Rack Cards
3.5 "x 8.5", 4" x 9", and 4.25" x 11" Rack cards are an affordable and straightforward approach to market your business. Between the wide range of card selections and size rations – the creative potential for rack card printing is tremendous.
Big Headlines and Graphics
Many rack cards are discovered mixed in with groups of other cards. You must try to find ways to capture peoples' attention. Large and bright graphics may draw those eyes, and organized headers and content will keep their attention. Rack cards quickly provide customers with valuable information that must be engaging. Think about adding coupons, maps, directions, and a call-to-action.
Add Value to Your Rack Cards
Make sure you add value to your rack card. The value ranges from useful information or tips to coupons or exclusive promotions. Try listing or highlighting the features and benefits of choosing your business over others. Investigate ways to track the results of promotions through coupon codes and QR Codes. Implementing value and tracking will help you evolve your rack cards into effective marketing tools.
Speak To Your Audience
One challenge of designing a rack card is making sure you are speaking to the right audience. The perfect rack card should have one goal in mind - convincing a particular audience to take action. Maybe your business speaks more to artists, or mothers, or pet owners, or homeowners. Make sure to keep that audience in mind while persuading that group to take the action you prefer.