3x4 or 3x5 Cards
3x4 or 3x5 Cards
We print our pocket-sized full-color 3x4, 3x5, and 3.5x5 postcards (also considered flyers) on quality heavy gloss, matte, or textured card stocks. Many other online print companies ignore this small yet very cheap alternative to the classic-sized postcard mainly used for handouts. Out 16pt and 18pt cardstocks are best as handouts or when a more durable print is required, such as art cards.
We do offer larger quantities of 3x4, 3x5, or 3.5x5 cards.
For quantities 2500 and over, please review our large quantity postcards page.
Features for 3x4 and 3x5 Cards
- Heavy 16pt gloss and matte card stocks
- Popular small sizes include 3x4, 3x5, and 3.5x5
- We check all artwork for quality purposes
- We fix minor art issues automatically
- Postcards are printed full bleed
- Cheap and discounted postcard prices
- Pocket-sized and costs less than 4x6 cards
Enjoy Durable Card Stocks
- Gloss Card (16pt / UV Coated) - This first option is a thick card option beautifully UV-coated on both sides for a super shiny finish. The UV coating also acts as an extra layer of protectant.
- Matte Card (16pt / No UV Coating) - Reach the same density as the gloss option but on a dull matte card for a flatter finish without UV coating.
- Matte Card (100# Cover) - For 3x5 card orders less than 1000, the "Matte 16pt" will be substituted with "Matte 100# Cover" until further notice. 3x4 cards are not affected by this policy.
- CS1 Card (18pt / UV Front Only) - This highly durable option boasts a super shiny UV-coated front but a flat backside for writing purposes.
Three Archival Card Stocks are Also Available
We also offer archival card stocks intended for artwork that you may prefer for 3x4 or 3x5. This includes gloss, matte, and textured card options. Review those options now.
A Couple of Quick Notes
- If you select 3x4, but your card works better as a 3x5, we will email you the option to modify the order. Changes can add to the turnaround time.
- ** Due to supply shortages, we may contact you with card substitutions.
Single or Double-Sided?
When ordering the cards, can I request that you print my design on both the front and back?
Your cards can be single or double-sided. If you upload one file, your cards will be one-sided. You can tell us to print the same art on both sides, and we will print it double-sided. The price is the same. If you upload two files, we will print one file per side.
Turnaround for 3x4 and 3x5 Cards
Generally, the turnaround time is two to four business days.
Turnaround time begins once artwork has been inspected and transferred to the production department. Typically, this occurs the day you create your new order. The first day starts on the next business day.
Do You Need a PDF Proof First?
By default, we only email digital proofs If there are bleed, resolution, and size issues. We will contact you and email a PDF proof showing our concerns (generally within 4-6 business hours). We will place the order straight into production if your art is good to go. We review all artwork before printing to ensure optimal quality.
Upon request, we are more than happy to provide a digital PDF proof (for a $5 fee). Choose the digital proof option in the above form. Digital proofs will alter turnaround by adding one extra day (not including approval time). Turnaround time begins once the art is approved.
Sending Art To Us Is Easy
If you are ready, please submit your artwork through the above form. If the artwork is not yet prepared, you may email your design later to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the order number in the subject line.
Try Following These Art Guidelines for High-Quality 3x4 and 3x5 Card Printing.
If the below specs and terms seem Greek to you, don't allow that to discourage you from moving forward. Our people review your artwork to make sure every card prints perfectly. If we can't adjust your file promptly, a Printkeg team member will contact you before printing starts.
- Make sure to set your art file with 3.125" x 4.125" (for 3" x 4" cards) or 3.125" x 5.125" (for 3" x 5" cards) dimensions. Remember to keep critical text at least 0.25 inches away from all four edges. The pixel count should be around 970 x 1275 for 3" x 4" cards and 975 x 1575 for 3" x 5" cards.
- When starting a new design, be sure you are operating in a 300 dpi environment. Many applications default to 72dpi (Adobe Photoshop) and 132dpi (Procreate). Changing the quality setting to 300dpi or higher before your begin creating new art is optimal.
- We favor PDF and JPG file formats. We will also accept other file types like PNG and TIF.
- Try working in the CMYK color mode. For 3x4 and 3x5 cards, we convert all files to CMYK before printing. Many people work in RGB, which is a digital media color mode. Conversion can lead to muted or undesired colors.
Templates Can Be Helpful
To help set up your 3 x 4" or 3 x 5" or 3.5 x 5" cards and flyers, we offer the below PDF templates to place your art. Please note that the file for 3 x 4" is 3.125 x 4.125," and 3 x 5" is 3.125 x 5.125."
3 x 4 - horizontal / landscape
3 x 4 - vertical / portrait
3 x 5 - horizontal / landscape
3 x 5 - vertical / portrait
More Information About Printing Small Cards
3x4 postcards have become a trendy alternative to classic-sized 4x6 cards in the last few years. 3x5 cards are popular small print sizes for artists selling at conventions. 3.5x5 cards may fit standard frame better. They are pocket-sized, cheap, and easy to pass out to prospects. Despite limited room for information, these little guys are more accessible to keep and hold on to - which is a huge advantage. Gain the same marketing results as standard cards at discounted prices by using these smaller powerful cards instead!
The Reviews Are Exciting
"THE CARDS LOOKED GREAT BUT MORE IMPORTANT IS THAT WE GOT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PHONE. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"
- B. Brown
"You guys are awesome! I have been telling people to use you for prints because you have been so easy to work with. Thanks for everything!"
- J. Easterly
"Ordering was easy, responses were prompt, turnaround time was quick, and my postcards came out amazing! Thank you so much!"
How We Ship 3x4 and 3x5 Cards
We will configure shipping fees for 3x4 postcards/flyers and 3x5 art cards during the checkout process. Although you control shipping methods, we usually see 3x4 and 3x5 cards shipped via UPS. 3x4 and 3x5 postcards/flyers are always sent in heavy-duty mailer boxes.
Durable Card Stocks
16pt Gloss Card
This shiny card is subtly thicker than the 14pt stock. The further rigidity prevents folds and creases. Additionally, colors appear extra vivid and glossy due to the stunning UV coating.
16pt Matte Card
The matte 16pt variant exudes professionalism and high quality. The colors in your artwork appear a little muted for a sophisticated, subdued effect. Ballpoint pens with oil-based ink and permanent markers write best on this surface.
Enjoy whopping 18pt+ cardstocks available in some postcard sizes. Usually, the 18pt C1S cardstock is convenient for projects that require a glossy front and uncoated backside.
A Printkeg artist will prepare your artwork for printing and send you a visual in PDF format via email. This usually takes place within a few business hours. The image we will email you showcases trim location and CMYK colors in a limited fashion.
Make Graphic Work
This $9 option informs our staff to move forward with quick fixes and tackle any possible obstacles. Benefits may include reviewing file dimensions, tackling border issues, and reworking challenging "bleed" areas. There is one goal in mind: to ensure perfect Art Prints.
Edit My Design
This option is inexpensive for hiring us to modify your image file. Our designers edit or place elements into your file, like text, images, etc. The most common use of this service is changing event dates, removing signatures, and swapping photos.
Create My Art
We hire a trusted graphic designer with whom we've worked closely to help you create a new design from scratch. Most communication is via email. Most designs are finished in only a few business days.
Rush Turnaround speeds up your order time by one day. That could mean same-day printing. You need your prints urgently, so we will try to make it happen. We sometimes expedite the shipping if we cannot honor same-day printing.
Free Art Inspections
A human artist reviews every single file before printing starts. If we notice any problems, a Printkeg representative will contact you via email with options how to move forward.
Why Should You Print With Us?
Our primary goal is to make sure you are happy with your prints, The Printkeg Promise. This is our guarantee and commitment to serving artists across the nation. It doesn't help anyone if you purchase retail art you can't actually sell. We are here to ensure your success.
Dedicated to Artists
In our "About Us" area, you can view incredible photographs of the most recent Fine Arts Printing projects we've worked on. We geared our entire atmosphere, including the workforce and production facility, to serve retail artists first and foremost.
Fast Production Times
We contribute some of the fastest turnaround times for Art Prints in the Fine Arts Printing industry. You'll be impressed with our fast production times, rush turnaround options, and available expedited shipping methods.