Our shipping program has changed. Although we no longer offer free shipping, we have added some very inexpensive flat rate options and discounted expedited services.
Discounted Shipping - For all orders, customers are provided with many UPS and USPS shipping methods. We discount all shipping fees by 10% to 40% (UPS and USPS) essentially passing bulk rates to customers.
Flat Rate Shipping - On top of normal UPS and USPS shipping method options, we also offer flat rates.
- Orders between $0 and $249.99 will receive a flat rate shipping option of only $9.99. Some shipping methods may be lower than that depending on the weight.
- Orders $250 to $499.99 are provided a flat rate option of $18.95.
- Orders $500 to $999.99 and over will be offered a $24.95 flat rate (a huge saver).
- Orders $1000+ will be offered a $49.99 flat rate (a huge saver).
Prints may be shipped by USPS or UPS Ground (whichever costs less) when flat rate shipping is selected.
Printkeg continues to offer the absolute lowest shipping rates feasible to our business while continuing to provide incredible products for amazing prices.
** Projects with Deadlines **
If your prints need to be delivered by a specific day, we recommend selecting UPS and not "free shipping" or "flat rate shipping" or any USPS option. USPS might be less expensive, but the service is less reliable for time sensitive materials. The services, Priority Mail 2-Day and Priority Mail 3-Day, are not guaranteed by USPS to arrive within named time period. Please use UPS or call our office and discuss your project further with a Printkeg representative.
Free Standard Shipping - Temporarily Suspended. For a limited time, Printkeg was experimenting with a free shipping option for most print orders $250 or more. These orders are shipped via UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail (whichever costs less) but most orders this amount are heavy enough to warrant UPS Ground.
There are some limitations to our flat rate program that clients should understand.
1. Flat rate shipping should not be selected in circumstances requiring a strict deadline. USPS and UPS Ground have very different transit times. USPS are notably less reliable as far as transit times are concerned making it virtually impossible to gauge what day a package will actually arrive to its destination. Remember, by default, we will choose the least expensive shipping method offered by UPS or USPS.
2. Flat rate shipping is not available in some locations like Hawaii, Alaska and other locations outside of the mainland. Free shipping is also not available for Canadian orders.
3. Our flat rate shipping policy may be altered or modified at any time as we see fit.
4. Flat rate shipping options are only offered to U.S customers.
For years, I've asked myself "What can I add for artists?" which is a more complex question than it initially seems. I've thought about maybe adding frames, mattes, art supplies, UV coating, laminating mounting and much more to our list of print services. Unfortunately, I always run into obstacles that end up inevitably changing my mind. It is worth mentioning that I absolutely don't want Printkeg to be like every other online printing service out there. We see a ton of incredible art flowing through our doors each day so our entire team really wanted to provide something just for artisans that couldn't be found at places like Uprinting, Vistaprint or other generic print companies. Finally, I found a beautiful solution - Textured Card (100# Cover) stock.
Although it might be difficult to fully appreciate in the above photo, Textured Card stock is a rigid media that seriously enhances artwork to feel more authentic. This paper feels like a combination of linen, watercolor paper and felt rolled into one stunning medium. We envision artists and graphic designers selecting this gorgeous card stock for reselling quality prints or presenting in gallery settings. Digital artwork, reproductions, photographs, drawings and paintings appear more personal and original when printed on this exciting new media.
Textured Card was intially featured in our new fine arts printing section as the premium paper option and is now being expanded as an option for postcards, invitations, notecards and small posters. These particular products feature sizes favored by thousands of our artisan customers. For those searching for a giclee solution, we also provide canvas and watercolor prints (other textured options) in varying sizes mostly in larger format. Textured Card (100# Cover) is intended for prints smaller than 13x19 and allows artists to capture a genuine and fabric-like impression that greatly enhances digital artwork and reproductions inexpensively.
The below image demonstrates the difference between Textured Card (100# Cover) and our smooth Matte Card (100# Cover).
When in your hand, the feel and look of the Textured Card is exquisite. The felt material exudes the aura of originality and quality.
Adding Textured Card gives our customers three distinct paper selections. Although, we do supply numerous weights for different products (80# text, 110# cover etc.), we have basically always offered glossy and matte options (like most commercial printers). Now, we're changing the game for artists seeking a finer print product without paying hefty prices.
For a limited time, we will be adding textured samples to some orders to give customers an opportunity to actually hold this incredible paper. If you would like some samples or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in samples, go ahead and provide a shipping address.
Printkeg recently launched an exciting new website (our third version now) that will help us better serve customers in many ways. Unfortunately, with this website change, we will not be transferring any data (artwork excluded). Instead, we are asking all past customers to create a new account which should be fairly painless. We appreciate your understanding and hope you stick with us during this transition.
How do you know if you need to create a new account?
1. If you've never used this website version before.
2. If you've ordered from this website before, but ordered as a guest and didn't create a password at the end of your last order. Holding an actual account is not required anymore, but it is recommended.
Creating a new account will allow you to save shipping and mailing addresses and review past orders going forward. There is the option of checking out as a "guest," but that may become cumbersome for recurring customers.
How to create an account
There are two very easy and quick ways to create an account.
1. Click "Create an account" at the top of our website.
2. Create a password at the end of your next order when asked.
You've been with us for years...why must you create a new account?
Rather than importing data from a platform we developed to Shopify (the e-commerce solution we are now using) which would still require you to create a new account, we decided to start fresh. Some past data will soon be available from members.printkeg.com. Logging in there will allow you to retrieve old order numbers as reference of past orders and artwork. We have not deleted any artwork under two years old. If you need any help at all, please call or email us.
Why did we do all this?
The list of reasons we switched e-commerce platforms is long. Security and functionality tops the list. In order to offer more incentives, more products, better security, rewards programs and much more, we needed to switch. In the past, we've always developed our own stuff, but now we want to focus more time on printing and less on programming.
How to use our new website
1. New shipping options. We now offer UPS and USPS methods.
2. PayPal payment method is now available.
3. This new site is responsive and works well on all devices.
We added the size 32 X 32 to our watercolor prints page.
New product offerings joined our "Promotional Items & Signage" area.
Today, we added 6x11 to our large quantity postcard area allowing customers to order quantities 2500 and over.
Added new sizes and reduced rates for outdoor vinyl banners. Our costs decreased allowing us to pass savings on to customers.
Media for business cards changed to 16pt Gloss Card (UV Coated) and 16pt Matte Card.
Added large quantity options for 3x4 postcards.
Removed quantities of 3000 from our postcard area. Orders over 2500 are now printed on 16pt Gloss or Matte card stock and is outsourced to an offset production facility.To order more than 2500 cards, visit our large quantity postcards page.
Included Ireland into our international shipped destinations.
Added a 16 PT Matte/Dull Card stock option for large quantities of postcards.
Today, we included USPS First Class Package shipping service for packages weighing under one pound. Read our understanding shipping article to learn more.
Removed shirt printing category and CD Booklets. These products are no longer available.
More options are being added to many items across the board starting 2/1.
Started a new free shipping program for orders over $100. Everyday prices for some poster products have been reduced.
Panoramic prints added to banners, fine arts and posters collection. Added textured cardstock to classic business cards.
Lowered prices for large posters (16x10, 24x36 etc.).
Added textured matte card option to 13x19 posters and bookmarks/tickets.
Added textured matte card to flat cards in our invitations and notecards section.
Textured matte card (100# cover) option added to postcards. The quantity of "10" also added to most postcard sizes. A new fine arts printing category was created. A wide format product has been added that includes watercolor media.
Added lower quantity options to small poster sizes 12x18 and 13x19 and lowered some prices in numerous areas in the same category.
- Started working on a new promotional items area which will include stuff like refrigerator magnets, car magnets, plastic cards, koozies and more.
- Lately we have been experimenting with different USPS shipping methods. The language they use for transit names is confusing since USPS delivery times are not guaranteed. We recommend using UPS if you have an immediate deadline.
- Added a new "custom jobs" section for repeat customers requiring specifications outside our standard product line. For companies and individuals needing a more tailored product lineup, please contact our customer service.
- Added Canada back as a shipping destination
- Decreased turnaround time for postcards
- Added 3.5x5 invitations and notecards
- Sticker prices increased 20% due to upgraded materials and associated costs.
- Added a "natural" envelope option to notecards and invitations - Added new singles product (below 25 prints) for postcard sizes.
- New products include big stickers and note cards. - A deals section has been added for more clarity about sales.
- UPS and USPS shipping options are offered at discounted rates. - A PayPal payment option is available for easier transactions. - Our new website is responsive and works well on all devices. - We've added a new layer of security as we continue to diligently protect customers. - A new improved support area better assists questions and concerns. - An upload art feature in now available before paying (optional). - Customers will receive more notifications as order progresses. - Prices have been lowered in many categories. - Thicker card stocks are available for some products.